Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Starting up again....

After 3 years of creating personalized protocols for clients at InVite Health, I left my job thinking I would become a wildly successful freelance wellness consultant. However, that path apparently wasn't the right one for me. Now, I have a daughter who is almost one year old, and I find that even when I want to do the work, the most convenient time for me is unpredictable during the day, or simply too late at night to be conducting business. So I decided to blog about about health. In fact, I am going to put my protocols on here, because I believe that knowledge is freedom and freedom is power, so the more you know about your own health, the better off you are.

I will make a format as I go, but if you have an opinion, let me know! I would like to set up a link to donate, and an option to order certain supplements through me. I will also post recipes, and product recommendations, because it seems that I often search for those things myself, and find them on other people's blogs! What a great resource. I hope I can be a resource as well.

If you are reading this, please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR OR LICENSED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER. I AM WRITING ABOUT THINGS WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT HELP YOU. I AM NOT GUARANTEEING RESULTS, NOTHING I SAY IS FDA APPROVED, AND IF YOU DON'T TALK TO YOUR OWN DOCTOR OR MIDWIFE OR PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT OR NURSE PRACTITIONER, THAT IS YOUR OWN DECISION. IF YOU ARE TAKING MEDICATION OR ARE PREGNANT OR NURSING PLEASE TALK TO YOUR PROVIDERS!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Hiroko, what should I do to improve my lung health? I never had lung problems until a bout with a nasty flu a few years ago, and now they (and my bronchia) seem to be really susceptible to colds. I woke up today with a cough and an ache when I breathe. Are there herbs or supplements I can take to beef up my breathing? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Johanna,

    It's frustrating when things just aren't the same after you have one case of an illness, isn't it? My theories are mostly based on addressing inflammation and stress as the primary reasons for chronic disease. I would consider supplementing with the following nutrients: natural, pre-formed vitamin A (not for smokers or those with autoimmune disease)or betacarotene, at least 10,000 IU per day. You may want to start with a higher dose, such as 40,000 per day and then after a week, reduce it gradually to 10,000. The pre-formed A, such as from cod liver, is going to be most effective but there can be problems with taking too much or for too long, or in pregnancy...basically I would get one bottle of it, and when you've used it up, switch to betacarotene. Also vitamins C, E (natural!), bioflavonoids such as quercetin, and the amino acid NAC. In addition, herbs and spices like thyme, oregano, ginger, and turmeric are great. Foods that are good to eat for your lungs include apples, onions, garlic, dark leafy greens, and generally nutrient dense food.

    I would also ask yourself what you were going through when you got sick. In Chinese medicine, the lungs are affiliated with grief. I am not suggesting that's what made you sick- clearly that was a pathogen- but the question is what made you susceptible in your lungs and why do they need extra care?

    ReplyDelete